- DEMI LYNCH -
With Season 3 of The Bold Type making it's way back to our screens this week (sadly with only one episode - not the whole season), it surprised me to hear that many of my friends still have not gotten on The Bold Type band-waggon.
Now yes some aspects of the show are unrealistic (I mean no magazine editor has that much time on their hands as the Scarlet 's editor-in-chief Jacqueline) but that doesn't tarnish the fact that this show is the progressive television show millennial women have been asking for.
So here are 10 reasons why The Bold Type is progressive as f***.
1. Women taking on corporate boards that are predominately middle aged white men
2. Promoting self love and taking down those that fat-shame
3. Discussing race and biracial issues
4. Taking down those that slut-shame
5. Showcasing realistic discussions and issues that can occur in non-heteronormative relationships
6. Talking about the effects of breast cancer among families and friends
7. The sad reality of sexual assault in a workplace
8. Showcasing the effects of trolling and cyber bullying
9. Promoting self love by showing acne, stretch marks and scars
10. How racism continues to be an issue in the western world
Announcer & Producer of 'The Nasty Woman Club Podcast'
Co-Producer & Co-Announcer of Radio 4EB program 'Fair Comment'
Former 102.1FM 4ZZZ Radio Announcer & Contributor